Beginning the DIY Tuesdays with a top hit and a easy peasy pickle from my Mom-in-Grace kitchen 🙂
The delicious sweetness of the almost ripen mangoes with the hotness of the chilly powder and aroma of asafoetida, just a heaven in your mouth. I definitely should mention the crunchiness that the skin gives in between your tooth. Drooling!! You should definitely try it out before the season ends.
Okay, I also wanted to remind you again that God loves you so much!! Yes and no matter what, He loves you!! Bible says in Romans 5:5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts
Being conscious of how much God loves you gives you a hope that does not disappoint.
Okay, Someone reading wanted this word. Yes, Know God’s love for you and expect good. Now expect a good pickle 🙂
A step by step tutorial below..
I took a picture of the mango to show you which one to choose?
1) Almost ripen mango, not so soft or mushy texture, has good amount of sweetness and of thick skin. Chop them. Keep ready the ingredients as well.
2) Heat oil in a hot bottomed pan, add mustard seeds. Once they splutter, add the asafoetida, fenugreek powder.
3) Add the chopped mangoes, give it a nice stir in the oil, add salt and cover it cooked for the next 3 minutes.
5) Check seasoning and switch off the flame.
1) Store in fridge door – 1 month
2) Store in kitchen counter – 1 week
3) A total bliss with curd rice and dal rice.
Detailed recipe card below..