I love watching Fox traveller which has transformed to Fox Life recently. I feel like I am taken for a virtual tour to places where I virtually enjoy the authentic food with all their colors, aroma magnified. Sometimes, I go mad into it that my ears and eyes become turned off to the actual world. And completely in love with Vikas khanna ‘s ambience and vocabulary, yes Vikas of Twist of Taste. I had been watching Fox Traveller since when it was started, by that time I had no idea/dream/plan about cooking/blogging and I was living with a motto – make food to keep family alive and at times varieties, of course to trap him ( Hubby ;)) 😉
In one such fox traveller evening, I made a one-line wish within my heart – Lord I want that! My “that” meant the gift to taste several regional dishes, the privilege to serve a colorful n creative food platter, his Vocabulary, the facial expressions Vikas possess to show off the taste and excitement in a food so wonderful and the list goes on.. Yes, definitely Daddy God only can understand the full meaning of “that”. Now I would testify that, this passion for cooking and blogging that is rooted in me is a fruit of that prayer!! Daddy is awesome 🙂
You do not have to plead or beg Daddy Jesus with your requests. He is excellent in understanding the deep desires of your heart that cannot be even explained by words!!Prayers that plead and beg imply that your heavenly Father is not willing to do it.
Yet, He is far more gracious and willing to give to you than you are willing to ask, think or imagine. (Ephesians 3:20) He desires above all things that you prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers. (3 John 1:2)
Now, presenting here an Indian street food recipe that I treasured from Fox Traveller kitchen. Mumbai Tawa pulao, a famous Mumbai Street food which is prepared on the tawa in which, pav baji is prepared. I tasted it in a mumbai-wala hotel in chennai and was awestuck with the taste!! A yummy pav bhaji flavoured pulao with crunchy juicy veggies topped plus You get your left over rice used up in a very delicious way!! Why wait ?
What you will need ?
Download the detailed recipe card below for more clear details.
Step by step Tutorial..
1) Heat oil in a tawa, add the onions and ginger garlic paste, saute them in medium high flame until the raw smell goes off.
2) Add the green bell pepper and saute them in high flame for not more than a minute. Add the tomatoes and saute them.
Add the tomato ketchup, bunch of coriander leaves along with them.
3) Now add the pav bhaji masala, green chillies chopped, salt and cook them until the tomatoes are completely soft. Add the boiled peas and potatoes. Cook them on high flame for the next one minute with regular stirring.
4) Add rice and mix them with a spoon, fork. Take care not to bring the rice grains. Garnish with remaining coriander leaves. Check for seasoning. Switch off the flame.
1. Do not cook the capsicum longer as they tend to lose their crunchiness.
2. Serve hot with raita/curd.
Detailed Recipe Card below..
Recipe Courtesy – Fox Life