Each of us in marriage is learning; From 1 yr old to 50 yrs old, every Adam and Eve is learning through fights and hugs everyday. I guess you too feel the same. If it is the other way round, please feel free to comment.
On a frank note, we do not have a tight fight schedule;) After one full year of relationship with him, I was able to figure out that our calendar has less red marks of fights when there are constant acts of love. Acts of love that I mean are very simple. For example, Making a couch ready in front of the TV with the favorite channel on ( Of course, Fox traveller for me, Ten sports for him 😛 ) aaaand two cuppa hot aroma chai on the centre table, everything on a relaxed Saturday morning. Either of us might do this, win the heart of the other for the weekend. I surely do it during weekends planned for shopping 😉 No, no not selfish act of love 😉 The list goes on with n number of simple things. I trust God for He will increase the count ‘n’ as days go by. So,if there comes a dispute, it gets fixed in moments by making ( or atleast faking 😉 ) one of the ‘n’ simple acts of love.
Though we took vows to love each other on our wedding day, it is vital to remind each other the love we have through acts of love or words of affirmation, through thick and thin moments. I now realize how awesome God is, in reminding us all the time how much He loves us through n number of parable stories and verses. He is the ONLY PERSON who is never tired of telling I love you, I am with you.
I loved you at your darkest. Romans 5:8
I have loved you with an everlasting love. Jeremiah 31:3
Love one another as I have loved you. John 13:34
I am with you always. Matthew 28:20
Fear not, for I am with You. Isaiah 41: 10
And the list goes on.
Now you may know that God cares for you and loves you, and that He demonstrated His love for you by dying on the cross for you, but do you believe it? It is one thing to know about the love that God has for you, but another thing to actually believe it in your heart.
It is one thing to know that the sun shines on us during the day. But it is another thing to believe that the sun is still shining even though we don’t feel its warmth and all we see are dark clouds. Sometimes we are slow in believing God’s love for us when we are going through a tough time. But God wants you to know and believe that He loves you in the midst of the deal falling through, when that job is slow in coming, when the boss is fault-finding or when your child still refuses to come home.
In the midst of the pain, He wants you to know and believe that He is wholly on your side defending and taking care of you. And if God, the most powerful being in the universe, is for you, can anyone or anything come against you successfully?
🙂 I am happy now since I have shared everything that I wanted to. Now lets go to the recipe. Muttai Paniyaram Kara Kulambu which makes me nostalgic, My mom’s favourite recipe. Being a working woman, she finds easy yet appealing recipes to fill our tummy and hearts. One such recipe is this curry which contains crunchy edged and melt in mouth juicy egg stuff inside a tamarind based curry. I served the curry hot with rice and vazhaipoo poriyal/banana flower stir fry. Step by step tutorial below.
Part I : Mini egg omelettes
1) Heat tsp oil in a tawa, add pinch of fenugreek seeds.
2) Add 5 chopped small onions and fry until nice golden.
3) Add a tbsp of tomato chunks and allow it to cook for a minute.
4) Once the tomatoes have become soft, add a pinch of chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and saute for a minute.
5) Add this saute-ed mixture into the bowl with beaten eggs. Mix well.
6) Cook the eggs in the appe or paniyaram pan with minimal spread of oil.
Part II : For the curry
1) In the same tawa, add 2 tbsp oil. Once hot, add fenugreek seeds and the items to temper.
2) Once they crackle, add small onions and saute them.
3) Add the remaining tomato pieces and let them cook covered for 2 mins.
7) Add the mini egg omelettes prepared in part I, sprinkle cilantro leaves and let them boil for next 10 minutes in simmer flame.
8) The eggs absorb the curry well, meanwhile the curry becomes thicker & aromatic. It is good to switch off flame.
Detailed Recipe cards below…
Recipe Courtesy – Dear Mom