I wanted to share something that God taught me in the recent times. Everybody needs more time and I can take authority over time. I could do more in one day than naturally possible, WITH GOD. To put it very clear, you can do all your work with ease and no trouble. Hard to believe? Here is the verse –
He forgives your sins—every one.
He heals your diseases—every one.
He redeems you from hell—saves your life!
He crowns you with love and mercy—a paradise crown.
He wraps you in goodness—beauty eternal.
He renews your youth—you’re always young in his presence.
HE renews every minute of yours. Therefore, cast all your burdens unto Him and Be anxious about nothing. Time shall wait for you 🙂 Now to the dish of the day..
After I had learnt this awesome recipe for Shrimathi aunty, healthy bittergourd or karela has become a part of my weekly meal planner. Thanks to Shrimathy aunty and Sanath uncle 🙂 This dish is hot, sour, sweet, delicious.. More importantly, there is a tip to remove the bitterness.. why wait? Lets go to the recipe..
Preparation time – 10 mins | Cooking time – 20 mins | Serves – 4
Here is what you will need..
1/2 tspn Chilly powder
pinch of hing
2 tspn Gun powder or Idli Molaga podi
1.5 tbspn Jaggery powdered
small lemon size Tamarind soaked in 1/2 cup water, 30 mins
1/2 kg Bitter gourd chopped
1 tspn urad dal
1/2 tspn Jeera seeds
1. Slit bitter gourd/karela into two pieces lengthwise. Remove and discard the white part in the middle. Chop the karela into small pieces.
3. Remove the water on top of the soaked tamarind ball and keep it aside. This is the light tamarind water that will be used in pressure cooking the karela pieces.
2. Grind into a smooth paste the ingredients under “to grind” ( chilly powder + idly molaga podi + soaked tamarind ball + Jaggery )
1. Pressure cook bitter gourd pieces with 2 tspns of light tamarind water, little salt for 2 to 3 whistles ( based on the thickness of skin ). The bitter gourd pieces turn almost brown in color. Once done, remove the excess tamarind water. Throwing out few drops of that excess water , throws out the bitterness.
2. Heat a wok, add 1 to 2 tspns of oil. Add urad dal, jeera, curry leaves. Add the ground paste and saute on a medium flame until the oil separates.
3. Add the pressure cooked bittergourd, salt. Give a nice stir. Cover the pan and cook in a medium flame for the next 5 minutes. Check seasoning and switch off. Awesome karela dish ready.
Please do try out and let me know your comments. Your comments help me grow. You can reach out for any doubts via mail or FB msg. Also, do not forget to send a picture when you try them, so that I can feature your creation on my FB page 🙂
Love & Shalom,