Your Foodie Adam and Cookie Eve are absolute Kerala food lovers 🙂 5th working day of our every week has Mor Kuzhambu and a Spicy vegetable fry as an accompaniment. Waah, what a nice way to end our busy office slot. This is a absolute tasty mor kuzhambu, easy to prepare, healthy curry to chill your body.
Here is what you will need..
1 tspn Jeera seeds
1/2 inch ginger grated
1 green chilly
2 tbspn grated coconut
Any vegetable chopped, I chose pumpkin ( white pumpkin, ladysfinger, chow chow )
1 tbspn raw rice
1 tspn bengal gram
4 to 5 shallots or small onions chopped
1 red chilly
Pinch of Hing or asafoetida
1/2 tspn turmeric powder
Half Litre Curd
1. Soak rice and bengal gram for an hour in a half cup of water.
2. Grind soaked bengal gram, rice, coconut, green chilly, Jeera into a smooth paste. Beat the mix with thick curd.
Add water to the beaten curd mix to the desired consistency. Mix well.
1. Heat a wok or pan. Add two to three tspns of coonut oil. Once the oil is hot, add grated ginger, curry leaves, red chilly, onions one by one. Saute for a minute. Add pinch of hing.
2. Add the chopped veg, turmeric powder, water and let the vegetables cook.
3. Add the curd mix to the wok and let it boil in a low flame for the next 5 minutes. Add salt. Check seasoning and switch off flame.
Tadaaa.. My Favourite Mor Kuzhambu ready… Isnt that very easy ? 🙂
Please do try out and let me know your comments. Your comments help me grow. You can reach out for any doubts via mail or FB msg. Also, do not forget to send a picture when you try them, so that I can feature your creation on myFB page 🙂
Love & Shalom,