His eyes twinkled, saying “BBQ Nation cajun potatoes on my plate!! Oh yummmyyy!! Please do not stop serving, like the Bbq Nation guys”.. I know you too cannot stand the excitement.. So, lets straight away go to the recipe.. Cajun Potatoes are not a rocket science.. Simplest preparation, Yet a grand delicious starter on your party table, Just hunt for the ingredients in your local market.. They are easily available these days.. Thanks to Fork-it-UP for bringing out this wonderful recipe.. I have added few changes to it and found it to be more delicious 🙂 So, here we go..
Here is what you will need..
1/2 kg Baby Potatoes
1tbspn Cajun spice powder
1 tbspn red chilli powder
For the dressing
1 cup Thousand island salad dressing (by Fun Foods) or if you want to make your own, refer here
1/4 tbspn red chilli powder
1/4 tbspn chat masala
1 tbspn Cajun spice powder or if you want to make your own, refer here
Pinch of pepper powder
1 finely chopped onion
1. Parboil the baby potaoes with salt.
2. Gently mash them with a flat spoon. Do not break them into pieces.
3. Sprinkle 1 tbspn of red chilli powder & Cajun spice on them and let them marinate for half an hour.
1. Heat a pan with oil. Deep fry the flat mashed potatoes until they are golden brown.
2. Mix the ingredients for sauce, add salt if required. You can add two to three drops of olive oil for the glossiness.
3. Serve the fried potatoes hot dipped in the dressing. Tadaa!! You cannot stop with a plate. Have a nice workout 😉
Please do try out and let me know your comments. Your comments help me grow. You can reach out for any doubts via mail or FB msg. Also, do not forget to send a picture when you try them, so that I can feature your creation on my FB page 🙂
Love & Shalom,