One of the most important decisions for 2015 is to add millets into my meal every week. And I thought, I can share the hits in my family with my dear readers. So, here is “Millet Monday” Series 🙂 What is so special about these (forgotten) millets that you wanna add it to your regular meal ? I am going to share the answer for this question with every post 🙂 So, today we start with Pearl millets or Bajra ( in Hindi ) or Kambu ( in Tamil ).
– Iron content is 6 times greater in pearl millets than in Rice.
– Ease digestion.
– Helps to keep your body cool.
– Helps to avoid constipation and stomach sores.
Starting the series with the most easy to make dish – A simple porridge with pearl millets. They make an excellent morning drink, Keeps your body cool. Add them to your meal today and have a healthy week ahead 🙂
Here is what you will need..
1/2 cup coarsely ground bajra/kambu/pearlmillet
1 finely chopped onion
1/2 green chilly deseeded and chopped
Finely chopped curryleaves
4 to 5 tbspn beaten curd
My chopping board..
1. Pressure cook coarsely ground bajra or kambu with enough water, 1/2 tspn salt for 3 to 4 whistles on medium flame. Kambu : water has to be 1:3 ratio.
2. Mix curd and the cooked bajra mix well to make sure that there are no lumps. Add salt if required.
3. Refrigerate the porridge for an hour and Serve them chill in mud pots or glasses, top them with green chillies, curry leaves and onions chopped.
Please do try out and let me know your comments. Your comments help me grow. You can reach out for any doubts via mail or FB msg. Also, do not forget to send a picture when you try them, so that I can feature your creation on my FB page 🙂
Love & Shalom,