Homemade chunky Fig Jam with Fresh figs.. Once you make this for your kids & Family, you will definitely search for the chit where you jotted down this recipe 😉 It is a delicacy!! The jam goes well with chapathis, crackers, breads.
Here is what you will need..
250 grams fresh figs
½ tsp Cinnamon powder
1 1/2 cups Sugar
1 cup Water
Wash & Chop the fresh figs into quads.
1. Heat a pan with water. Add sugar, mix well until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Add the fig pieces and let them cook in the sugar syrup for 5 minutes.
3. Add the cinnamon powder. Mix well. Cook until all the water is evaporated and the desired consistency is reached.
4. Once cooled, refrigerate the jam.
1. Sugar level can be adjusted according your palette choice. I usually replace 1/2 cup sugar with honey.
2. You can chop the figs into tiny pieces too.
3. Jam thickens well upon refrigeration.
Please do try out and let me know your comments. Your comments help me grow. You can reach out for any doubts via mail or FB msg. Also, do not forget to send a picture when you try them, so that I can feature your creation on my FB page 🙂
Love & Shalom,